Monday 12 July 2010

Eternal Maker

I have just spent a lovely weekend away with my friend Lyn while house sitting for her brother in West Sussex. I have to mention West Sussex and I never know which county I am in and she is always telling me off.

When out exploring, we found a lovely shop namely Eternal Maker. It was a hot, hot day, and as we walked in through the door, the two ladies welcomed us and offered us a seat and a cold drink. These two ladies were so helpful. They told us how the shop was founded, the classes they run, about the Button Company and all about their products. Customer service was 110%.

Needless to say, after a few hours in the shop and a pub lunch, then back to the shop, we made a few purchases. Apart from paper crafting items, we bought off-cuts of quilting materials.

This is my card made with the Woodware set of stamps purchased and a piece of the material. I liked the fact that the off-cut of material is not square. I frayed the edges to add more texture. After colouring the little houses, I purposely cut them off-square, for me to make it more interesting. With a white gel pen, I feux stitched around the blue card to pick up the stitching on the little houses.

I added to the sentiment by drawing a squiggly line making it look more like loose thread.

Hope you like it.

Sprinkle of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment