Wednesday 28 October 2009

Cabbage Flower Card

I love cabbage flowers for cards. The lovely Nina from Sugar and Spice introduced these to a class many moons ago now and I use them a lot on birthday cards.

These flowers were punches out of three contrasting shades of pink card stack. I used a 1.5 inch and 1 inch scolloped circular punch. I then screwed up each circle. The more screwed up the better. A bit of glamour dust on the edge and mounted together using a brad.

This card was made for an Aunt's birthday, so I wanted the flowers to look neat. But the best way is to tear the circles giving a raw edge which can be inked instead of glittered. You can spray the whole flower with glimmer mist which also looks fab.
Have a go. Mount three or four circles together to give a rose like look. Remember that when you tear your circles they won't be a proper round. But this is the beauty of a cabbage flower.
Sprinkles of Love
Auntie Fairy
x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love it :D and totally agree about blocking out some you time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Jayne, look soooo effective!
    might have to give them a try, theyre brill!
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete